(Last updated November 9, 2023)
Hatch Creative Developer (contract/remote/full time)
The world’s most powerful medium for self-expression is also the least accessible. The web. We all use it, but few of us can create and play with it. No-code tools optimize for efficiency, not experimentation, placing limits on what we can create and how it can look. It’s no wonder that the web feels so dull.
Hatch is changing that. Hatch is a no-code wonderland that unlocks everyone’s creative genius, making the web a playground for innovation. And guess what? We’re just warming up! Soon we’ll spice things up with even more interactivity and smooth animations. We’re on a mission to become the go-to spot for discovering and crafting one-of-a-kind interactive gems. Join us and let’s make some web magic together!
We are looking for a Creative Developer who can help Hatch show the world what’s possible on the web. This is a person who can work with our content team to create projects, templates, and custom components that help people make and share fun, interactive designs. This is a person who can help bring new audiences to Hatch with fun, viral interactive projects (timely, funny, niche.) This is a person who can contribute to product development as a power user and supercreator.
- Collaborate with designers and non-technical team members to conceive, design, and develop innovative web-based interactions.
- Create interactive sites and apps on Hatch with a focus on aesthetics and playful engagement.
- Work with other creators to elevate their creations.
- Proficient in design, web design principles and design applications, including Figma and prototyping tools
- Grow our content creation capacity by helping to recruit creative coders to the team
- A strong portfolio showcasing interactive web projects
- Ability to work effectively in a team and communicate with non-technical stakeholders
- Creative thinker with attention to detail and a passion for delivering delightful user experiences
Email your resume and a link to your portfolio to team [@] hatch.one with the subject line Hatch Creative Developer. If we think you’re a fit, we’ll reach out to schedule an interview.
Our hiring process
Our interview process is a straightforward, behavioral interview about your past experiences, interviews with the founders and key staff, and meeting with our whole team. We value design and engineering excellence, product insight, eagerness for growth/impact, and the communication skills and empathy to collaborate well with a tight-knit team.
We value diversity. We are an equal-opportunity employer: we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, perform essential job functions, and receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
Hatch Template Designer (contract/remote/project)
This opportunity is for you if…
You’re a strong web/graphic designer with a portfolio that showcases unique, cool, or interactive webpages in a variety of styles that you’ve designed. You admire and check out sites like awwwards and onepagelove and maybe even had some work featured on these sites. You love discovering new design tools and letting that expand your creative vision. This is a remote, project-based contract position.
We are looking for someone who…
- Can take an idea or a direction and run with it
- Has web design experience
- Has experience creating templates
- Takes feedback well
- Has a good understanding of typography pairing, hierarchy, and color theory
- Keeps clean and organized files
- Has experience creating with no-code builders
- Has access to and can use photo editing software
- Is comfortable with fast turnarounds
Nice to have
Email a link to your portfolio and your process as a designer to team [@] hatch.one with the subject line Hatch Templates. If we think you’re a fit, we’ll reach out to schedule an interview.
After the interview
We’ll send you a template design brief for you to create in Hatch. You’ll be paid for the project you create. Our team will review your project template and provide revision feedback. Based on revisions and our mutual experience in the process, we’ll bring you on for more projects. We anticipate that our need for templates will increase and we’d love to build long term relationships with our template designers.